We moved into this apartment just about a year ago and to my disappointment there are no electrical outlets on the patio. I was unable to put up Christmas lights without leaving a crack in the door or window last year. So being determined this year to put up lights, and wanting them to be original, this is what I came up with. The best part is they don’t add an extra cost to the electric bill!
These would be great for outdoor parties and you can purchase these lights in different colors. I’m making one as a tree topper for my Christmas Tree as well . If you do this, make sure you put the tree near the window so that the lights can be recharged.
You will need:
- Medicine Cups about 46-50 per globe.
- Solar LED String Lights Christmas Lights, Addlon Fairy 40ft(12m) 100 LED 8work Modes,ambiance Lighting for Outdoor,indoor Decor,xmas Tree,outside Garden, Patio, Home, Wedding Party, Holiday Seasonal Decorations, Christmas Party,waterproof (Multicolor)“>Solar LED Lights. These are the exact ones I used and I would recommend due to the size of the hole drilled in the medicine cup. Pleas do not use anything other than Solar powered LED’s for this project as it could melt the medicine cups and may even be a fire hazard. You will need one strand per globe.
- A roll of aluminium tape
- A drill and a Irwin Tools 4935639 Black Oxide Hex Shank Drill Bit, 3/16-Inch
- Elmer’s School Glue, Clear, Washable, 5 Ounces I went through about 1/3 bottle per globe.
- Gold, blue, green and red Glitter lots of it.
- A glue gun and hot glue sticks. I went through about 1.5 regular sized glue sticks per globe.
Please feel free to leave a comment or a picture of your finished globe.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
PS. If you are looking for a way to boost your business, check out this FREE Boot Camp. You won’t regret it!